What is the EXITO! Launch Your Dream Program?
EXITO! Launch Your Dream is a 10-week, hands-on small business program for women entrepreneurs. The most recent course sessions were held every other Monday evening, 5:30 - 7:30pm, from January 16th - May 8th, 2023. This cohort is full and is now closed. You can choose to attend in-person or via Zoom. There is no program fee. This program is offered in English and Spanish.
WISE WBC is no longer accepting applications for the EXITO! Launch Your Dream small business program. It’s a no-cost course for Hispanic, Latine and underserved women entrepreneurs with a business idea or a recently launched business.
Throughout 9 weeks of hands-on classes and 1:1 mentorship + program graduation, you’ll learn about the common challenges entrepreneurs face, tools you can use to overcome them, and decide if you’re ready to start your small business.
The program leverages Dreambuilder curriculum which is offered online both in English and Spanish.
"Exito" means "success" in Spanish, and is the name of this program because the hands on learning experience will help you find success as your start your business journey. This course is open to ALL entrepreneurs, and is taught in English and Spanish to especially help Hispanic and Latine entrepreneurs, who may face additional hurdles to accessing business resources because of language and systematic barriers.
Key Program Features
- Live instructor-led classes that are hands-on and participatory (in-person and Zoom available)
- Learn with (and from) a small cohort of other local women entrepreneurs
- 1:1 mentorship
- Access to in-person and online content in both English and Spanish
Where: You can choose to attend in person or via Zoom. We’re located on the ground floor of Equitable Tower 1, 100 Madison St. Syracuse NY 13202. In-person is encouraged.
Key program dates:
- Applications open: Nov 2, 2022
- Applications close: CLOSED DUE TO FULL CLASS
- Notifications of acceptance are on a rolling basis and no later than January 10, 2023
- Class sessions: 1/16/23, 1/30/23, 2/13/23, 2/27/23, 3/13/23, 3/27/23, 4/10/23, 4/24/23, 5/8/23, Graduation - 5/18/23.
What you’ll learn
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Learn the common challenges entrepreneurs face
- Understand how business ownerships impacts you, your family, and your community
- Evaluate your own business idea(s) and decide on the best approach
- Decide if you are ready to start your own business
- Begin working on your own business plan
Sessions and Dates
|Jan 16||5:30 – 7:30pm||Orientation, Introductions, Create Dreambuilder Account|
|Jan 30||5:30 – 7:30pm||Starting & Exploring Your Dream|
|Feb 13||5:30 – 7:30pm||Planning & Making Your Dream|
|Feb 27||5:30 – 7:30pm||Marketing & Pricing Your Dream|
|March 13||5:30 – 7:30pm||Selling Your Dream|
|March 27||5:30 – 7:30pm||Managing Your Dream|
|April 10||5:30 – 7:30pm||Profiting From and Keeping Track of Your Dream|
|April 24||5:30 – 7:30pm||Funding & Formalizing Your Dream|
|May 8||5:30 – 7:30pm||Turning Your Dream Into Reality|
|May 18||5:30 – 7:30pm||Pitches & Graduation!!|
Who it’s for & requirements
This course is a good fit if you can say “yes” to all of the following:
- I have a small business idea, or recently launched a business
- I’m committed to learning what it takes to own a small business
- I have at least 2 hrs a week outside of class to devote to the program
- I can commit to attending all 9 sessions + graduation
What to expect
It’s hands-on. This program is NOT a webinar series. Be prepared to participate in every session and engage with your instructors, peers, and community presenters.
It’s challenging. You’ll need to commit to 2 hours a week of “in-class” time -- every other week, as well as another 2+ hours to take the course modules online through Dreambuilder -- every week.
It’s motivating. Throughout the program, you’ll learn how to succeed in small business and apply concepts learned to your small business. You will also connect to a passionate community of other women entrepreneurs. You will learn as much from each other as you will from the instructors, mentors, and curriculum.
There is no program fee to attend this program. EXITO! Dream to Launch 2023 is sponsored by The KeyBank Foundation.
Application and Registration Process
- Fill out the application form
- If you’re accepted, we’ll send you a link to confirm your spot and register for the course on EventBrite.
- Add the sessions on your calendar.
- Check your email for regular updates and pre-course assignments.
APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION DEADLINE: CLOSED
If you find you need assistance with the application please contact the WISE Women’s Business Center, (315) 443-8634, firstname.lastname@example.org.
¿Necesitas hablar con nuestro equipo en español? Solicite una llamada por correo electrónico escribiendo, email@example.com.
Other important policies
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel before the program begins, you will remain fully eligible for future WISE WBC trainings and counseling. If you cancel after the program begins, your eligibility for future programs will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Disability Statement: Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Our physical location in Equitable tower is wheelchair accessible. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodations.
Graduation Policy: In order to graduate from the EXITO! Dream to Launch small business program, you must fully engage with the program. That means showing up to the sessions and completing your work weekly. Specifically, in order to graduate, you must:
- Complete coursework within Dreambuilder
- Attend at least 8 out of the 10 class sessions
If you have any other questions about this program or any of our training, please reach out to us at email@example.com or call the center at (315) 443-8634.
Thanks to the generous sponsorship of The KeyBank Foundation, this program is provided at no cost.