How do you stay awake, active, and productive when it looks and feels like 9 p.m. when it’s only 4 in the afternoon and all you want to do it sit on the couch and watch TV? Try implementing some of the following tips, compiled by Lily Herman, to beat the winter-weather-blues and stay energized and motivated!
- Need a caffeine rush that won’t leave you sleepless? Try black or green tea! It’ll boost your energy level AND it’s also good for your health.
- Snack on proteins: they are a good source of brain power.
- Have a desk workout routine. That’s right: deskercise! Simple, yet effective ways to get your blood flowing and your brain working, trying getting out of your seat, moving and stretching. It will pump blood to your brain that will refresh your mind and body.
- The age-old chewing gum: it’ll keep your brain active and help you charge through the evening.
- Try acupressure: applying pressure to certain points on your body can help you refresh. Simple techniques like pressing the pad between the joint of the thumb and index finger could help ease insomnia and fatigue.
- Try yoga breathing routines. Contrary to the apprehension that this might induce sleep, conscious breathing techniques will enhance productivity by helping your mind relax while building concentration and a sense of calm.
- Never underestimate the power of music! Make a playlist of songs that pump you up and use it to sail through day.
- Try a change of scenery: a café or even a different desk position could alter your mood and help you work better and might even induce creativity.
For the full article, visit: https://www.themuse.com/advice/9-ways-to-stay-productive-at-the-office-when-its-dark-at-4-pm?ref=carousel-slide-0
Thanks for reading and until next time… stay WISE!