WISE Women Entrepreneurs
This is the year of WISE! After 10 years of helping women, the WISE Women’s Business Center is proud to say that “YES,” we are making a difference! In 2015-16, the Center counseled more than 125 women entrepreneurs one-on-one (whose businesses collectively yielded over $136 million in gross revenues) and trained more than 1,000 people in various classes and workshops that are offered.
It’s great to hear these amazing numbers, but it’s also great to hear in-depth stories of local women entrepreneurs – their challenges, opportunities, successes and more. These stories are about the woman who strives to honor her deceased mom with a new medical business; the woman who opens her dream diner; the woman rejoices when she finds out a way to jump-start the business she’s worked for since she was 17 years old.
How can you be one of these women who are making their business dreams come true? First, walk through our door at the The Tech Garden. We’ll take it from there. Then it’s up to you to put in the hard work. But know this: the WISE Women’s Business Center is here to support you and your dreams. The thousand-mile journey starts with a single step! Learn more about some amazing local women who have shared their stories and journeys as WISE women by clicking on their stories below, originally featured in Syracuse Woman Magazine. If you’d like to share your story with us, send an e-mail to Lindsay Wickham.
- “As long as you can be creative, you can be in business. The only time you fail is when you choose not to be innovative—ideas are endless.”Abigail Henson, LoFo
- “Give yourself fully to the adventure of today.”Linda Erb (via Sarah Young), Oh Goody Goody!
- “Be afraid… and do it anyway!”Katie Reilly (via Joyce Meyer), insideOUT
- "Feel the fear and do it anyway!"Lisette Brod, Spinnaker Custom Products
- “It’s important to be passionate about what you’re doing.”Lily Tsay, Lily Tsay Jewelry
- “Seek counsel on things that are not your expertise.”Lura Lunkenheimer, Peaceful Schools