Want to become smarter? Geoffrey James of Inc. magazine has been researching neuroscience and discovering easy techniques that can improve brain performance. These techniques are not only proven by scientific research, but they cost no money, and require very little investment in terms of time and effort.
- Play video games: Cognitive neuroscientist Daphne Bavelier has shown that individuals who play action-oriented video games develop the ability to make quick decisions on their feet by perceiving and analyzing situations rapidly. These individuals develop nimble minds and “brain plasticity” which is the ability of the brain to change its structure in areas that control focus, concentration and attention.
- Practice mindfulness: Mindfulness practice helps people make rational decisions by remaining focused and calm during decision making.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise increases the release of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF). This blood protein promotes the growth and formation of new neurons that creates and reinforces memories.
- Drink caffeinated beverages: Your general brain function can be augmented with just one caffeinated beverage a day! Caffeine increases the release of dopamine and norepinephrine that stimulate the mind to think more clearly, improve moods, memory, vigilance and general cognitive function.
- Play a musical instrument: Using music to express yourself transcends into improving your general ability to communicate. Focusing on acoustic cues cascades into improving language and cognitive skills.
- Read more fiction: Research has shown that reading fiction increases emotional intelligence in individuals. Reading fiction influences peoples’ ability to understand and empathize with other people.
For more, read the full article here.
Thanks for reading, and until next time… stay WISE!