All of us are looking for ways to save time and find new ways to do tasks in life in a shorter amount of time, making more free time for ourselves! For an entrepreneur, this means that that you can spend more time working on your startup/business—and be on your way to creating a successful and thriving business!
A former professional athlete, Lewis Howes is co-author of LinkedWorking and creator of the LinkedInfluence training program. He shares the following life hacks that helped him on his path to becoming a millionaire in his 20’s:
- Keep it simple: We live in a world where you can find just about any information online—for free! Find your passion and study it—read articles online, follow the competition on social media, and read all that you can about the industry. Before starting, be prepared… and be different!
- Be frugal: To launch a successful startup, keep your overhead as low as possible. Do you need a brick and mortar office to become a successful business? Determine what resources you truly need—and what you can go without for a while.
- Invest in yourself: You are the most important asset in your startup! Don’t be afraid to invest in you—if you are an artist, but lack a background in general business practices, hire a business coach. If you need to become more skilled in a certain trade or skill, enroll in a class online to learn it. Become the best so you can offer the best!
- Think outside the box: We hear a lot about innovation these days—but that’s because it’s important to figure out new money-making platforms and ways to do this differently. Don’t be afraid to try new things.
- Don’t give up: Starting a business is hard work—you may even fail in the end. But it’s important to never give up. If you fail, figure out why and move on to the next idea, using what you learned about the previous experience to your advantage.
In addition to the list above, he also encourages driven entrepreneurs to stay healthy, be yourself and stay healthy. What are some life hacks that you’ve uncovered to help stay on track and focused on building your startup to success?
To read more in depth about these life hacks, visit: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/247214.
Thanks for reading and until next time… stay WISE!