Have you wondered why that despite using the basic and traditional models of marketing, your product is not reaching your consumers? While there can be a benefit of learning and innovation to making certain mistakes, there are certain fundamentals to keep in mind. According to an article on Mashable, you should try avoid the following common mistakes made in marketing strategies:
- Forgetting about the pre-launch hype: Marketing is probably the last thing on your mind when you are busy building your start up. But don’t ignore the growing hype you need to create before a launch. Word-of-mouth and buzz marketing is something you should look into. Try and get your name out there as soon as possible.
- Failure to build an audience: Do essential market research because and talk to your customers. It’s important to test what you are building and ask for constructive criticism and feedback. You will need to build an audience for tangible proof to present to investors when they ask you about market size/share.
- Overvalue the website: As much as you want to a perfect website with a cool and sleek look, it is important to not get lost in the details as much as it is to focus on the product/service itself. Yes, the website needs to exist, look nice and be fully functional, but be sure that your product/service is the best it can possible be before taking it live.
- Undervalue content: Make sure you have your SEO strategies in place and optimize your content to the maximum. Become an expert in your industry—write about it, and post content from other experts within the industry. Share content with your network through social media, so that people can get new information from a trustworthy source—you.
- Network without a strategy: It is important to network with the right people since time is money. Identify key people and strategize to network with them. Create a prioritized list of who you should be talking to (and what you want to accomplish when speaking). It’s also important to follow up with your contacts in a timely manner.
What are the marketing strategies that you find most effective? Have you fallen victim to any of the common mistakes above? If so, how did you move past it?
For more, read: http://mashable.com/2014/02/10/search-channel-alignment/
Thanks for reading and until next time… stay WISE!
Image credit: iStock Photo